Sunday, August 17, 2008

Stories

Sorry I have no pictures. My camera is messed up! But I have a few stories to tell. When Trace and Tara Lee came to visit we decided to go down to the pool and go swimming. Cooper was tired so I didn't get in my suit. I was taking some pics for Trace and Tara and then decided to show them to Tara from the camera when all of the sudden I hear a gulping "mom...ee"sound and realize that Ali is struggling. Tara swam over to her and pulled her up. Ali was doing a pretty good job at staying afloat but I don't know how long she was struggling! I felt so bad, and I was so scared! I was like 10 feet from her and didn't even know she was struggling!! We are so fortunate that we didn't have more of a scare. I'm so greatful for that little girl! I love her so much! She truely is my best friend! She tries so hard to be just like her mom and I hope that I can set a good example for her! Its crazy that you don't find out how much your parents love you until you have kids of your own!!

Which brings me to my more upbeat story. Ali and I went for a walk to the club house at our apartments; I grabbed the stroller for Cooper and from that moment she copied my every move. She got her stroller and her "baby cooper" also and Anything I said she just repeated me. I parked the stroller to get a water out of the clubhouse fridge and she parked next to me and then opened the fridge and got a sprite. I just`let her do her thing and enjoied watching her mimic me. Then we started to head back, I stopped by the pool and peeked in the window to see if the theatre room door was open, and then I said "ok lets go Ali" she replied "hode on, jus one second mom" and walked over to the window and looked in and then said "lets go now." She's quite the boss. My mom will be surprised how much shes grown in these last 4 months we've been gone! I get back Sat. and can't wait!

2 comments:

Taralee said...

thanks SO much for letting us stay with you guys!! We had tons of fun while we were there. I'm glad Trace chose to go to Tampa. Thanks for the great hospitality and room and food and fun.
I need to do my "florida" post and put up the cute pictures i took. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Oh and when I "saved" ali...it seemed like I was as slow as molasses on a cold winter day. I fell like five times and then practically drowned her by the time I got to her. POOR thing. That was so scary. I'm glad she was a good little floater. She is so smart and just so darn adorable. I love that little girl.

Nelson Family said...

Hey there Lonna!!! I can't believe you cut your hair. I haven't seen you with short hair since probably the 2nd or 3rd grade when you had it really short that one time. Remember that. I can totally relate to the story you told about Ali struggling in the pool. I had the same experience. I was sitting in the pool talking with this other woman and Shawn was swimming on the other side of the pool and all the sudden he came swimming as fast as he could to save Keely, who was under the water for who knows how long and she was but a few feet from me. I felt awful!.
You look so good and happy in Flordia, I would love an adventure like that. :)

ONE MORE DAY-Tribute to loved ones who have passed on -by three2u- {We all Love and Miss you AZURE}

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed